- 22 Products in E-mail Marketing
Email Marketing solutions excel at one task: email. They enable direct marketing using email with personalized greetings as a means of communicating commercial or fundraising messages to an audience. These systems work most effectively for the following:
- Sending mass messages when you have something to say (“batch and blast” email campaigns)
- A simple selling process with a short business cycle
- Sales on an e-commerce platform
ROI Survey for Email Marketing
More cost-effective than Marketing Automation solutions, traditional Email Marketing solutions achieve the end goal of your Email Marketing campaign – lead generation with a high ROI. The revenue potential of Email Marketing campaigns is enough to make a company at least consider this solution for lead generation.
The ROI of email marketing is as high as $40.56 for every dollar invested, according to the Direct Marketing Association’s The Power of Direct Marketing (2011). The DMA calculated that email continued to be the highest performing direct marketing channel. Other channels surveyed were far behind with display advertising returning nearly $20 per dollar, social networking returning $12.90, mobile returning $10.50, and catalogs returning $7.30 per dollar spent.
The Levers: How to Differentiate Email Marketing Providers
The core features of email marketing solutions include:
- Mass Email: Volume limits for a single e-blast vary between solutions and within solutions based on packages or editions.
- Email Delivery and Deliverability: Tools help your emails reach your target’s inbox, not their spam folder.
- Reporting and Tracking: Open and click-through rates are tracked and reported.
- Subscription Management: Recipients have the option to unsubscribe from e-blasts.
- List Management: Import email lists. Duplicates and invalid email addresses are identified and removed.
- Design: Creation of newsletters and online surveys is simplified with templates.
Related Product Categories
Marketing Automation is used to execute marketing programs. This feature-oriented solution category includes software platforms designed for marketing departments to simplify processes by automating repetitive tasks. Labor-intensive tasks including email subscription management, scheduling outbound messages and routing inbound responses can be mechanized using Marketing Automation software.
Automation is the core functionality difference between Marketing Automation and Email Marketing. Unlike Marketing Automation, traditional Email Marketing solutions are not synchronized with CRM systems and therefore do not allow for multi-channel engagement. Without automation, Email Marketing solutions provide a simpler, more out-dated solution than Marketing Automation.
To stay within a limited budget, an Email Marketing solution – generally less expensive than Marketing Automation – might be in your best interest.
E-mail Marketing Leaders
Runners Up in E-mail Marketing
||SALESmanago Marketing Automation||
||Net-Results Marketing Automation||