Information Technology & Services
Information Technology and Services
Technologist and senior advisor for IT operational optimization and IT Governance. Specialty areas include software license management and compliance, software license auditing / audit defense, IT cost allocation and charge-back, policy development, process improvement, IT inventory techniques and software identification/recognition.
Key accomplishments include:
• Board chairman of TagVault.org, a technical, membership-driven organization, founded as the certification authority for ISO/IEC 19770-2:2009 Software Identification (SWID) Tags.
• First co-chair of the DMTF Software License Management Incubator, a global industry group committed to protecting companies' IT investments by creating standards that promote multi-vendor interoperability.
• Co-founder of DecisionRight, developing software recognition and enrichment content for software asset management and delivering software license compliance services to IT organizations. Acquired by CA (2007).
• Co-founder of Fulcrum Technology Management, an ITSM consultancy specializing in guiding product strategy, positioning and launch for ITSM software publishers.
• Led development of ITAM program implementation and process improvement methodology for Fortress Technologies; instrumental in its acquisition by Remedy (1999).
• Member of team developing the first standards for the software industry: ISO 19770-2 (“Software Data Tag”) and 19770-3 (“Entitlement”)
• Performed multiple updates of the Certified Software Manager (CSM) curriculum, the only industry sanctioned education covering US and Canadian copyright law as it pertains to computer software, for the Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA).
• Lead Architect/Program Manager for Comdisco developing their ITAM practice and Managed Network Services.
Software license management, compliance and audit defense; ITAM/SAM Best Practices and program leadership; practical ITIL implementation; IT services methodology development; comparative technology evaluation/selection and RFP guidance; Competitive Intelligence.
Howard G. Hastings hasn't written any reviews. Do your body good and go contribute to Ombud by adding your review.
Go contribute to Ombud by sharing your experience with a solution.